Embrace the Future: 3D Printed Custom-Fit Gumshields
* Impact absorption testing carried out independently by AIT (Athlone Institute of Technology) versus other leading suppliers of custom fit gumshields in accordance with the American Dental Association standards.
Explore our range of Fully Customised Gumshields
** Group discounts available on request
Are you a School or Club?
London Irish ARFC
Lansdowne Rugby Club
Three Rock Hockey
Kings College School
Irish American Football Association
East Coast BJJ
Kilmacud Crokes GAA
Cambridge Rugby Club
Redefining Sports Protection for Today’s Athletes
The pursuit of perfection is a relentless journey, and at IMPACT, we’ve devoted over 6 years, thousands of testing hours, and innumerable design iterations to bring you the ultimate gumshield for your sport. Our unwavering commitment to innovation has empowered us to create a product that fits seamlessly while providing unparalleled protection.
Central to our success is our unyielding drive for improvement. We persistently refine our patented software and state-of-the-art 3D printing technology, ensuring we remain at the cutting edge of the industry and deliver nothing short of excellence for our athletes. Experience the future of sports protection with IMPACT – where passion and technology converge.
"These gumshields are incredible!! Can't get over how tight they all are. Thanks so much."AJ MacGintySale Sharks & USA Rugby
"My sons now keep their gumshields in their mouth on the pitch. I can't believe how well they fit them. No more gumshield dramas in our house!! Colours are great too."Valerie Troy
"With IMPACT, apart from the amazing quality of the gumshield, the sign-up process for us as a club worked really well. All done online, payment taken care of and personalised when they were delivered for ease of handing out meant the whole process worked really smoothly for us as a club from start to finish."Deirdre MatthewsHead of Hockey – Muckross Hockey Club & Holy Child School, Ireland
"I recently had my own son scanned for a gumshield at IMPACT. The whole process from start to finish was fantastic. He absolutely loves his new gumshield and I no longer have to worry about him on the pitch. The fit is perfect and stays in his mouth the whole time."Abigail MoorePaediatric Dentist at The Hermitage
"Thanks for getting me sorted on such short notice guys. Got scanned and made up in a couple of hours. Fits perfectly!"Rory O'LoughlinLeinster
"Oh my god my gumshields just came in thanks so much never had them fit so well"Andrew HoareCustomer
"My IMPACT gumshield is by far the best I've used. It's so comfortable, I forget I'm wearing one."Daniel KellyKildare GAA
"Best decision I ever made switching to IMPACT Gumshields. Definitely feel the difference when I'm playing."Nemani NadoloLeicster & Fiji
"This is a surreal, calm, and well organised experience. IMPACT has a great relationship with the school, it's gone from being a stressful day to an incredibly smooth process, hassle-free! We are never ahead of schedule until IMPACT!"Pipa HallHead of Girls Games - Kings College Cambridge, UK
"The best experience I have had for a gumshield. So easy to be scanned and I never have to be scanned again for repeat orders in future seasons is a real bonus! The fit is perfect and so much smaller in size which really helps by making it easier to breathe and talk while playing."Shane O'DonoghueIreland Hockey International & Glenanne HC Director of Hockey
"All great, excellent service and both Quin & Riley loving their gumshields."Michelle NaughtonCustomer
In 2013, a pair of sports tech enthusiasts embarked on an ambitious mission to revolutionize athlete protection. Their vision was crystal clear: provide unparalleled customized protection and fit for athletes at every level, from amateurs to professionals. And so, IMPACT burst onto the scene.
Our dynamic team, bonded by a shared passion for sports and cutting-edge technology, is dedicated to bringing our innovative products to schools, clubs, and athletes in Ireland, the UK, Europe and now the United States. We strive to make a lasting difference in the lives of athletes everywhere by offering them the highest standard of protection.
Utilizing our patented software and groundbreaking 3D printing technique, we meticulously craft each gumshield to provide a perfect fit and superior protection. This unique approach enables us to deliver a truly personalized product for every athlete.
But our journey is far from over. As we continue to dream big and expand our horizons, we’re excited to introduce the IMPACT experience to even more countries in the near future. Our story is still unfolding, and we’re thrilled to see where the next chapter takes us!
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the process work?
- To create your 3D printed custom fit gumshield we use state of the art dental imaging technology to take a 3D scan of your mouth
- Once we have your scan, we run it through our unique gumshield software
- This process creates a printable 3D gumshield file
- We then send your file to print on one of our 3D printers
- Your gumshield is printed with our bespoke 3D plastic filament
How do I order a gumshield?
Republic & Northern Ireland
- For Individual, club or school bookings in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland contact James on +353(0)85 254 4644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or fill out the contact form at the bottom of the website – we will come back to your enquiry within 24hrs
- For club or school bookings contact Anthony on +44 (0)78 4366 4116 or email@example.com
- Or fill out the contact form at the bottom of the website – we will come back to your enquiry within 24hrs
How long does it take to receive your gumshield?
From the date of your scan, it will be 7-10 working days (depending on seasonal demand) before your gumshield will be ready.
Individuals – For a small additional fee (€5) we can post your gumshield to you
School/Clubs – Your gumshields will be posted back to one pre-agreed location
Why buy a custom fit gumshield?
In order to understand why a custom fit gumshield is the best form of oral protection, we need to compare them against the other types gumshields on the market stock and boil & bite gumshields
- Are preformed and come ready to wear
- They are inexpensive and can generally be purchased in sports shops
- Little can be done to adjust their fit, they are bulky, can make breathing and talking difficult, and they provide limited protection
- Dentists do not recommend their use
BOIL & BITE
- Bought in sporting stores and are relatively inexpensive
- Formed on the teeth with the use of finger, tongues and biting (hence the name)
- Protection is decreased if bitten too hard while forming
- Biting in to a single layer Boil & Bite does not offer total teeth coverage which results in inadequate protection
- Does not create a vacuum fit when formed so it is lose fitting and will fall out when a player speaks or opens his mouth (which usually means it ends up in a player’s pocket or sock!!)
- Biting into a one size fits all boil & bite can distort the guard and interfere with the tongue which results in restricted breathing
CUSTOM FIT GUMSHIELDS
- Are designed and based on a person’s individual dental scan
- They offer the best protection against dental and oral injury
- They offer a more secure and comfortable fit
- They do not affect a player’s performance i.e. breathing and speech are unaffected when playing
- The American, British and Irish Dental Association recommends wearing a custom fit gumshield to protect against dental injuries, mouth lacerations and fractures to the upper and lower jaws
- The American Dental Association also states that wearing a custom fit gumshield reduces the chance of dental injury by at least 50%
Why buy an IMPACT gumshield?
- All our gumshields are individually engineered from a 3D scan of your mouth
- With our patent-pending software and 3D printing filament, your gumshield is printed to an accuracy of 100 microns (the width of a human hair) to ensure a perfect fitting gumshield
- We use our own 3D printing filament that we have developed specifically for the printing of gumshields to ensure the highest levels of protection
- Based on independent testing our gumshields offer at least 15% more impact absorption than other custom fit gumshields on the market
- You can choose from one of ten colours for your gumshield
What materials are your gumshields made from?
Our gumshields are made from our unique plastic that we have developed over the past 3 years. The plastic was developed with the sole purpose of offering maximum protection and comfort for anyone who wears our gumshields. The plastic has also been independently tested by AIT (Athlone Institute of Technology) CSID and the test results show that it’s free of toxins and carcinogens.
How do you know your gumshields offer up to 21% more protection then other gumshields?
AIT (Athlone Institute of Technology) CSID in accordance with the American Dental Association standards carried out impact absorption testing on our 3D printed gumshield versus other suppliers of custom fit gumshields. The results showed that our gumshield had a minimum of 16% more Impact absorption versus other leading suppliers and went as high as 27% in some cases.
What about shop sold gumshields, are they as good?
Definitely not! They are ill-fitting, don’t stay in the mouth and offer little to no protection for athletes who where them. The clear recommendation of the American, British and Irish Dental Association, is that only custom fitting gumshields should be worn.
How long does a gumshield last?
This varies according to many factors, e.g. growth, usage etc. Normally a growing child would require a new gumshield once a year. Although the teeth and bones may be growing, the gumshields are flexible and can accommodate some movement. Older children and adults may not grow, but the gumshields will wear down with use and should be checked annually.
How do I clean my gumshield?
We recommend using Clean’ners, www.igcleanners.com to keep your gumshield clean. Enter the promo code IG20 at check out to avail of free P&P. Remember don’t store your gumshield until it is completely dry!
What age are our gumshields suitable for?
As soon as a child has an adult tooth appearing they should be wearing a custom fit gumshield. The average cost of a lost adult tooth over a lifetime is €4,000/£3,500 – €16,000/£14,000.
We have created a custom fit gumshield for children as young as 5 but normally we start making gumshields from age 7 and upward
My child has missing or loose teeth?
No problem. Our technicians automatically check the 3D models for teeth which are yet to erupt and create extra space for the new teeth to erupt in the gumshield file that we print for them.
What colour can I get my gumshield in?
You can choose from one of the following colours:
- Light Blue
How much does it cost for a second or replacement gumshield?
If you have gotten a scan from us before then the cost of a second or replacement gumshield starts from just €32/£32 excluding P&P. Please note you can only avail of this offer if we are using your previous scan to produce the gumshield
What happens if I cancel my order?
In the event of a cancellation, your payment will be refunded to the same card you purchased with, minus a €/£5 processing fee.
Contact the IMPACT team
At IMPACT Gumshields, we’re always happy to help. If you have any questions about our products, individual or school/club bookings or anything else, simply give us a call or WhatsApp at +353 852544644. Alternatively, you can submit an email query to us at firstname.lastname@example.org