Embrace the Future: 3D Printed Custom-Fit Gumshields
* Impact absorption testing carried out independently by AIT (Athlone Institute of Technology) versus other leading suppliers of custom fit gumshields in accordance with the American Dental Association standards.
Explore our range of Fully Customised Gumshields
The world’s first 3D printed custom fit gumshield
A wide range of colours are available to choose from
Gumshields are suitable for all ages and sports
The best fitting gumshield on the market
Doesn’t affect athletes speech or performance
Up to 20% more protection than rival custom fit gumshields
Reprints at Your Fingertips
Please only reorder if you were satisfied with your previous gumshield’s fit and if there have been no changes in your teeth since the last scan.
** Group discounts available on request
Are you a School or Club?
London Irish ARFC
Lansdowne Rugby Club
Three Rock Hockey
Kings College School
Irish American Football Association
East Coast BJJ
Kilmacud Crokes GAA
Cambridge Rugby Club
Redefining Sports Protection for Today’s Athletes
The pursuit of perfection is a relentless journey, and at IMPACT, we’ve devoted over 6 years, thousands of testing hours, and innumerable design iterations to bring you the ultimate gumshield for your sport. Our unwavering commitment to innovation has empowered us to create a product that fits seamlessly while providing unparalleled protection.
Central to our success is our unyielding drive for improvement. We persistently refine our patented software and state-of-the-art 3D printing technology, ensuring we remain at the cutting edge of the industry and deliver nothing short of excellence for our athletes. Experience the future of sports protection with IMPACT – where passion and technology converge.
"These gumshields are incredible!! Can't get over how tight they all are. Thanks so much."AJ MacGintySale Sharks & USA Rugby
"My sons now keep their gumshields in their mouth on the pitch. I can't believe how well they fit them. No more gumshield dramas in our house!! Colours are great too."Valerie Troy
"With IMPACT, apart from the amazing quality of the gumshield, the sign-up process for us as a club worked really well. All done online, payment taken care of and personalised when they were delivered for ease of handing out meant the whole process worked really smoothly for us as a club from start to finish."Deirdre MatthewsHead of Hockey – Muckross Hockey Club & Holy Child School, Ireland
"I recently had my own son scanned for a gumshield at IMPACT. The whole process from start to finish was fantastic. He absolutely loves his new gumshield and I no longer have to worry about him on the pitch. The fit is perfect and stays in his mouth the whole time."Abigail MoorePaediatric Dentist at The Hermitage
"Thanks for getting me sorted on such short notice guys. Got scanned and made up in a couple of hours. Fits perfectly!"Rory O'LoughlinLeinster
"Oh my god my gumshields just came in thanks so much never had them fit so well"Andrew HoareCustomer
"My IMPACT gumshield is by far the best I've used. It's so comfortable, I forget I'm wearing one."Daniel KellyKildare GAA
"Best decision I ever made switching to IMPACT Gumshields. Definitely feel the difference when I'm playing."Nemani NadoloLeicster & Fiji
"This is a surreal, calm, and well organised experience. IMPACT has a great relationship with the school, it's gone from being a stressful day to an incredibly smooth process, hassle-free! We are never ahead of schedule until IMPACT!"Pipa HallHead of Girls Games - Kings College Cambridge, UK
"The best experience I have had for a gumshield. So easy to be scanned and I never have to be scanned again for repeat orders in future seasons is a real bonus! The fit is perfect and so much smaller in size which really helps by making it easier to breathe and talk while playing."Shane O'DonoghueIreland Hockey International & Glenanne HC Director of Hockey
"All great, excellent service and both Quin & Riley loving their gumshields."Michelle NaughtonCustomer
In 2013, a pair of sports tech enthusiasts embarked on an ambitious mission to revolutionize athlete protection. Their vision was crystal clear: provide unparalleled customized protection and fit for athletes at every level, from amateurs to professionals. And so, IMPACT burst onto the scene.
Our dynamic team, bonded by a shared passion for sports and cutting-edge technology, is dedicated to bringing our innovative products to schools, clubs, and athletes in Ireland, the UK, Europe and now the United States. We strive to make a lasting difference in the lives of athletes everywhere by offering them the highest standard of protection.
Utilizing our patented software and groundbreaking 3D printing technique, we meticulously craft each gumshield to provide a perfect fit and superior protection. This unique approach enables us to deliver a truly personalized product for every athlete.
But our journey is far from over. As we continue to dream big and expand our horizons, we’re excited to introduce the IMPACT experience to even more countries in the near future. Our story is still unfolding, and we’re thrilled to see where the next chapter takes us!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your Smile, Digitally Mastered: We start by taking a high-precision 3D scan of your mouth, a quick process that only takes between 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Tailored Designing: Your scan is then transformed using our patented software into a custom-fit gumshield 3D print file.
- Precision Printing: Your gumshield is then printed on our advanced 3D printers.
- Quality Material: We use our exclusive, high-grade 3D plastic filament to ensure your gumshield is a perfect fit while offering maximum protection.
- Individuals: Secure your appointment easily by visiting our reservation page here.
- Clubs/Schools in Republic & Northern Ireland: Reach out to the Impact Team directly at +353(0)85 254 4644 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clubs/Schools in the United Kingdom: Please contact Bruce through email@example.com.
Alternatively, for any queries, complete the contact form on our website. We will try to respond within 24 hours.
From the date of your scan, it will be 7-10 working days (depending on seasonal demand) before your gumshield will be ready.
Individuals – For a small additional fee (€5) we can post your gumshield to you
School/Clubs – Your gumshields will be posted back to one pre-agreed location
In order to understand why a custom fit gumshield is the best form of oral protection, we need to compare them against the other types gumshields on the market stock and boil & bite gumshields
- Are preformed and come ready to wear
- They are inexpensive and can generally be purchased in sports shops
- Little can be done to adjust their fit, they are bulky, can make breathing and talking difficult, and they provide limited protection
- Dentists do not recommend their use
BOIL & BITE
- Bought in sporting stores and are relatively inexpensive
- Formed on the teeth with the use of finger, tongues and biting (hence the name)
- Protection is decreased if bitten too hard while forming
- Biting in to a single layer Boil & Bite does not offer total teeth coverage which results in inadequate protection
- Does not create a vacuum fit when formed so it is lose fitting and will fall out when a player speaks or opens his mouth (which usually means it ends up in a player’s pocket or sock!!)
- Biting into a one size fits all boil & bite can distort the guard and interfere with the tongue which results in restricted breathing
CUSTOM FIT GUMSHIELDS
- Are designed and based on a person’s individual dental scan
- They offer the best protection against dental and oral injury
- They offer a more secure and comfortable fit
- They do not affect a player’s performance i.e. breathing and speech are unaffected when playing
- The American, British and Irish Dental Association recommends wearing a custom fit gumshield to protect against dental injuries, mouth lacerations and fractures to the upper and lower jaws
- The American Dental Association also states that wearing a custom fit gumshield reduces the chance of dental injury by at least 50%
- Precision Engineered: Each gumshield begins with a comprehensive 3D scan of your mouth for a custom-fit creation.
- Ultra-Fine Print Accuracy: Utilizing our patented software and specialized 3D printing filament, we attain extraordinary precision of up to 100 microns, comparable to the thickness of a human hair, for a seamless fit.
- Custom-Made Filament: Our exclusively developed 3D printing material is tailored for gumshields, ensuring the highest degree of protection.
- Enhanced Protection: Our gumshields are proven by independent tests to offer at least 20% greater impact absorption than other custom-fit options available today.
- Personalized Aesthetics: Select from ten colours to make your gumshield as unique as your game.
Enjoy superior safety coupled with personal style!
Our gumshields are made from our unique plastic that we have developed over the past 3 years. The plastic was developed with the sole purpose of offering maximum protection and comfort for anyone who wears our gumshields. The plastic has also been independently tested by AIT (Athlone Institute of Technology) CSID and the test results show that it’s free of toxins and carcinogens.
AIT (Athlone Institute of Technology) CSID in accordance with the American Dental Association standards carried out impact absorption testing on our 3D printed gumshield versus other suppliers of custom fit gumshields. The results showed that our gumshield had a minimum of 16% more Impact absorption versus other leading suppliers and went as high as 27% in some cases.
Definitely not! They are ill-fitting, don’t stay in the mouth and offer little to no protection for athletes who where them. The clear recommendation of the American, British and Irish Dental Association, is that only custom fitting gumshields should be worn.
This varies according to many factors, e.g. growth, usage etc. Normally a growing child would require a new gumshield once a year. Although the teeth and bones may be growing, the gumshields are flexible and can accommodate some movement. Older children and adults may not grow, but the gumshields will wear down with use and should be checked annually.
We recommend using Clean’ners, www.igcleanners.com to keep your gumshield clean. Enter the promo code IG20 at check out to avail of free P&P. Remember don’t store your gumshield until it is completely dry!
As soon as a child has an adult tooth appearing they should be wearing a custom fit gumshield. The average cost of a lost adult tooth over a lifetime is €4,000/£3,500 – €16,000/£14,000.
We have created a custom fit gumshield for children as young as 5 but normally we start making gumshields from age 7 and upward
No problem. Our technicians automatically check the 3D models for teeth which are yet to erupt and create extra space for the new teeth to erupt in the gumshield file that we print for them.
You can choose from one of the following colours:
- Light Blue
If you have gotten a scan from us before then the cost of a replacement gumshield starts from just €48/£48 excluding P&P. Please note you can only avail of this offer if we are using your previous scan to produce the gumshield
In the event of a cancellation, your payment will be refunded to the same card you purchased with, minus a €/£5 processing fee.
Contact the IMPACT team
At IMPACT Gumshields, we’re always happy to help. If you have any questions about our products, individual or school/club bookings or anything else, simply give us a call or WhatsApp at +353 852544644. Alternatively, you can submit an email query to us at firstname.lastname@example.org